After a long wait, Samsung has finally launched official Jellybean 4.1.2 XXMB2 firmware for Galaxy ACE 2 I8160. Many of the users who use Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 would not have expected this update to roll out so soon, but as this has been launched officially by Samsung, users do not have any kind of doubt about the compatibility and quality of this firmware update.
The best thing about this firmware is, it is an official update and applying this to your phone will not harm the warranty of device in any way. So it is very much safe to install this firmware and you will be able to use all the warranty benefits even after. Keep in mind, this update is not for Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830, and installing this update on that device might result in the complete brick of the device.
Before starting the process, backup all the data present in your phone. Because updating a firmware will delete all the memory data present in your phone. See – How to backup data in Android Phones
Once you have backed up your device, you can go on with the procedure. Make sure that the battery is fully charged, because this process will need a lot of battery power and if the device gets turned off in middle, you might end up in a big trouble.
Steps to update Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 with official Jellybean 4.1.2 XXMB2 firmware
- Enable USB debugging by navigating to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- Now turn off the device and then boot it into recovery mode. To boot Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 in recovery mode, press Volume UP and Menu button and then press power button. Make sure all the 3 buttons are pressed at the same time to make sure that the device boots in the recovery mode.
- You will get options of clearing cache and wipe the data. Do both the tasks and then boot the device normally.
- Now download Jellybean 4.1.2 XXMB2 firmware package and Odin to your computer. Once downloaded, extract both the files.
- Now, boot your device in download mode. To boot Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 in download mode, you will need to press volume down button along with center menu button. Now while both the buttons are pressed, you have to press power button. You will see a green robot on the screen, which will be a sign that the device has finally entered in download mode.
- Now open Odin in your computer and connect the device to your computer. You will see ID:COM section will turn yellow as soon as Odin finishes installing drivers for your device.
- In Odin, click In-PIT to select the file GT-I8160_EUR_XX_4G.pit , Click In-PDA to select the file CODE_I8160XXMB2_932015_REV00_user_low_noship.tar and click In-CSC to select the file CSC_OXA_I8160OXAMB2_932015_REV00_user_low_noship.tar.
- Once you selected all the files, click on Start option in Odin to start the firmware update process. It will take a bit of time and your device will be rebooted automatically in the process.
- Disconnect the device once you see the option to choose language and country in your device.
It just means that you have updated your Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 with official Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware. Let me know if you have any doubt or if there is something else you want me to discuss. Just leave a comment here and I will be very happy to help you.